14/10/08

trauma...

Definitions of trauma on the Web:

  • Any injury , whether physically or emotionally inflicted. "Trauma" has both a medical and a psychiatric definition. ...
  • Physical injury or emotional shock.
  • a generally unexpected, unfavorable event that is physically, mentally, and/or overwhelming to the person experiencing it. A single trauma can create lasting effects in the mind of a survivor, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
  • When a person experiences, witnesses, or is confronted with an event or events that involve actual or threatened death or serious injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of self or others, and The person’s response involves intense fear, helplessness, or horror.


  • I love my job. I hate static.

    Everytime when the weather is a tad cold, every metal object in my office seems to has static. Locker door-handle. Lift button. Door handle. Bathroom door. EVERYTHIIING.
    Such an annoying experience. Sometimes I let my guard off, I touch the door handle and...ACKH! I hate static. Simply hate it. I'm thinking of letting my nail grow longer so that everytime I need to open the door...I'll poke the handle with my nail first. Hmm.
    I'm so traumatic to lift buttons and door handles now. D'oh.


    Never stay close to ladies who wear high-heels.

    My foot hurts. I think I got another bruise from a short tram ride *remember the old lady?*.
    I was sitting in a packed tram, when couple ladies in dresses and heels hop on. After few minutes, the tram shook and the one of the ladies lost her balance. And she stepped on my foot. Yeah, she stepped on my foot with her heels. Ouch. Lucky that wasn't a stiletto. I'm so gonna lose my foot if that was. Ha.
    Stiletto is one of men's mad invention, I reckon. I wonder whether I'll ever wear one. O well, for me, glamour doesn't have to hurt!

    Lesson learned: grow your nails longer. watch out for metal things around you. stay away from ladies in heels. keep your feet in a safe position while you're travelling on a tram. learn from your experience...blehh.

    No comments: